Lanta 5: Eyes of Bitana
Tall Tail Basement
Underneath the Tall Tail Tavern is an Underground Shrine that was built by the Aaminites who left Aamin for Dira’ma, thinking their leader, and soon to be god, Zudababez was another coming of their god Bitana. Zudababez instructed these pilgrims to live in Aruclam so they could spy on his enemies. In Aaminarian culture, everything must be written down, though Zudababez, however, asked that they recorded nothing. In the minds of Aaminites, his mortal wishes were nothing compared to the doctrines of Bitana.
After speaking with Ombelin, the party knows the true history of Okendro, the Kasai, and the Alu’nom, making most of what’s written in the shrine obsolete. However, due to Polcwin’s personality, he has become obsessed with the shrine. He still translates it, thinking it may have been written by someone important. The following is written on the walls of the shrine, and was written after Ombelin traveled to the underground city of Lor.History
- The people of Aamin originally came from a world known as Okendro. The race there were known as Kasai (Because the people of Dira’ma have taken the word Kasai and associated with their rulers, Polcwin is using the word OnLorvis to refer to the original race).
- Kasai means “Blood of the Dictator” in Ancient Aaminarian.
- Their world was completely enslaved by the God Bitana before Lor appeared
- Lor approached Bitana hoping to die in a fight with the beast. He felt no different than a slave wanting to die in their bed. Bitana could not spot him. Lor destroyed the beast with a thought.
- Lor saw the world turn to anarchy with Bitana’s death and so created the magical Kedas out of pure faith and took on the role of Bitana (doesn’t make sense to Polcwin). He then became a dictator and evolved into Bitana just before their world ended (It has always been said that Okendro was a planet, but Za’ben’Us Sasteel suspects it was a domain in Tytherion (Astral Sea) and Zehir is Bitana, or was once in the Shadowfell, or the Far Realm).
- Aamin’s plateau was raised in the sixth year of Lanta by “OnDavos Gi Sella,” meaning The spirit of God (OnDavos means god in general, ElDavos means holy God) and the city was completed around the year 27.
- The Kedas were stolen by thieves almost immediately after the plateau had risen and so Bitana could not be summoned. They were found again more than ten thousand years later in the underdark, all in areas controlled by the drow Tileer Ukworn (The Ukworn family has never been heard of).
- Aamin abandoned the Niskeni (Aaminites who traveled to Aruclam) when Zudababez appeared. The pilgrims headed for Dira’ma, leaving the text intact below the Tall Tail Tavern as Bitana would want.
- When Zudababez first built Dira’ma in 12,409, rebellious Aaminites thought he was the third coming of Bitana. They left the city to worship him. Zuda told these pilgrims to settle in Aruclam and live among the enemy. They did so underground in sewers they had built.
- Writing everything that happened was against Zuda’s code, but was important to Aaminites, so they recorded.
- During the Dicia War, Dira’mans and Aaminites traveled the world and praised their god. Whenever they crossed paths, they agreed that Bitana and Zuda were the same god and decided to meet in Aruclam with the Aaminite pilgrims.
- They called themselves Niskeni (or the “Watchers” in Aaminarian).
- The Niskeni felt they understood Bitana’s want to enslave and so they feared and worshiped him as God instead of attempting to summon him.
- They built tunnels underground to hide from the “Skylord Bitana”
- 12,411 (Liam 26) – The Niskeni begin to make Kedasin with the Kedas of Happiness they stole from Dira’ma. To hide them, they build the underground city Lor and send them all down and for the next 600 years they breed ferociously.
- 13,005 (Mero 32) – The OnLorvis open up portals to reach out and find the other Kedas. When the attempt fails, one of their own walks out before onlookers, including Niskeni who came to bring more Kedasin. Afterwards the OnLorvis chant “My freedom will ascend a (unknown).” These are also Lor’s last words before he was destroyed and are written on the wall, but Calan keeps escape a secret.
- The leader is chosen by the people. He will bring them together and can control their actions if they choose. If they do not allow the leader to do so, he can kill or stun the creature no matter the distance between them.
- Indestructible white eyes of Bitana.
- The Kedas can only summon Bitana (Does not say how).
- The Alu’nom must remain a secret.
- Alu’nom are deific entities who can purify the world of the blasphemous imitators and failed dominators.
- The Alu’nom that shine red are the ones who shall resurrect the Kedas through a lesser deity’s power. They are charged with protecting the vision of another Bitana (very weird).
- To search for other Kedas, OnLorvis may create Kedasin (cursed souls).
- The Kedasin have various appearances, including burnt skin, pupilless eyes, electrical skin, distorted features, lose of voice, a ghostly appearance, white markings, and eventually turn into Kasai.
- Kedasin will eventually become OnLorvis.
- Kedasin are privileged to be given the task of locating the missing Kedas.
- A Kedasin that has withstood the Fiery eye for five nights will grow stronger.
- Those that hold the Kedas may also create Kedasin
- Bitana Titles: Skylord, Wasteland God, The Great Mountainous King, The Legged Fire
- A massive black seven-legged beast with a humanoid torso that begins where the legs meet. Muscular arms with a thick chest and a stomach of fat with a gaping toothed maw to eat infidels. Its multi-jointed fingers end in points and are said to be able to grasp dragons. The head is beastly with sharp teeth and no ears, only horns that secrete his blood. His eyes are white and wide and always moving chaotically. He is blind. Hanging from under his torso, between his legs is a massive pouch for him to retreat to for peace from the failures of the world. The Kedas cover this pouch.
- After Lor transformed himself in Bitana, he created the Kedas’ of confusion, happiness, hate, loneliness, and pain and placed them on the outside of his pouch. They were all that remained after their Okendro was lost.
- Bitana’s last words before Lor killed him were “In peace, I see you all coming with me. Please….bring me back.” Supposedly referring to peace being total enslavement.
- The followers of Bitana can only be slaves. A slave is determined to please his master.
- Leth Rogg is mentioned as an ally of Aamin’s after the Dragon Era
- During the War of Evonas, Aamin tried to enslave the Tarrasque. Many strongholds were built in the Saichus tunnels.